Christina N. Tremante
Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney
Christina Tremante is currently the Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney and Chief Homicide Prosecutor in Schenectady County. Prior to that she was the Bureau Chief of the Homicide and Special Victims Unit. A graduate of Union College and Albany Law School, Christina joined the office as an Assistant District Attorney in 2006.
Christina is currently a member of the New York State District Attorney’s Association serving on the Best Practices Committee. Christina has also lectured for the New York Prosecutors Training Institute and Union College. Christina was recognized by the Schenectady County Bar Association as its Young Lawyer of the Year in 2014 and by the New York Prosecutors Training Institute as its statewide Trial Prosecutor of the Year in 2018.
Since becoming a felony-level trial prosecutor in 2008, Christina has tried a number of felony cases to verdict, such as:
- Gloria Nelligan- Ms. Nelligan was convicted of murder for subjecting her 8 year-old grandson to a brutal, prolonged, and ultimately fatal beating, accompanied by a failure to provide the child with sustenance or timely medical attention. She is serving a sentence of 25 years to life.
- Troy Saunders- Mr. Saunders was convicted of Murder in the First Degree for conspiring with his friends to rob a man and then shooting him to death during the course of that robbery. He was sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.
- Herman Robinson- Christina was a co-prosecutor in the trial of Herman Robinson who was convicted of raping a young girl and murdering the infant child she gave birth to as a result of that encounter. Mr. Robinson is serving a sentence of 100 years to life.
- Andrell Leppanen- Mr. Leppanen was convicted of the immolation murder of his step-father. He is serving a sentence of 25 years to life.
- Raekwon Stover- Mr. Stover was convicted of murder for shooting and killing his 17 year-old girlfriend. He is serving a sentence of 26 1/3 years to life.
- Dushawn Howard- Mr. Howard was convicted of 3 counts of attempted murder for shooting his girlfriend along with her 7 year-old son and 16 year-old daughter. He is serving a sentence of 75 years to life.
- Craig Ackerman- Mr. Ackerman was convicted of rape and attempted murder, failing in the latter due to the intervention of the woman’s 7 year-old son. He is serving a sentence of 75 years.
- James Hilton- MMA Fighter James Hilton was convicted of Assault on a Police Officer and Strangulation for his vicious attack on a police officer that left the officer with a fractured skull. Mr. Hilton received a sentence of 13 years.